Table of Contents
There are only so many ways to skin a cat, so to speak — where did that expression come from, anyway? — and only so many ways to dress a window. That being said, today’s roundup of gorgeous window treatments offers a few variations on the theme, updating classic roman shades and blinds and finding a magic balance of frilly and chic in several sets of sleek, ethereal curtains. When a quick update is needed and a ground-up renovation just isn’t in the cards, something as simple as new drapes or shades can change the tone of a room as dramatically as it changes the light.
Curtains are the perfect way to add a bit of decoration and privacy to your home. Read our review on different types that will help you choose which is best for noise reduction, sunlight blocking, or thermal insulation needs!
In a Hurry?
A Quick View of “THE” Most Popular Curtain and Window Selection
Thermal Insulated Curtains
These curtains have noise-reducing and insulating properties to keep the outside weather away from your home. The double layer of fabric also makes it easy for you to clean them by throwing them into your washer when they start collecting dust or debris!
Cordless Roman Shades
We believe that style does not have to come at a heavy price. These Roman Shades are cordless window treatments with a durable design. Nice essential fabrics allow you the freedom to choose a unique and budget friendly product to upgrade your interior. Create a warm and vintage feel at home with light filtering roman shades. The traditional roman shade has a modern twist with a cordless function and sturdy mechanism. Have peace of mind as the cordless feature provides safety for homes with children and pets.
KITCHEN: Enjoy a meal with great company without the glaring sun rays. Create an inviting environment by adding these blinds as kitchen curtains or kitchen door blinds.
BEDROOM: Our semi-privacy shades are ideal as bedroom window coverings for rooms where you want a bright interior.
LIVING ROOM: Prevent harsh sun rays and TV glares with our cordless fabric blinds. The cascade function allows you to open the shades to allow more natural light as desired.
DOORS WITH WINDOWS: Add a door window covering inside your home for privacy.
This Bohemian Stripe Window Curtain Panel Set is an excellent way to brighten your home! With stunning jewel tones and a beautiful aesthetic, this style will make any room come alive. Whether you’re looking for some flair in the living room or want it as part of teen’s bedroom decor, these curtains are perfect no matter what color scheme you have going on!
The design on these curtains is one of a kind, perfect for anyone who wants to add global flair. The curtain panels are sold by the pair and install quickly with an easy-to-use rod pocket that hangs right onto your existing curtain rods (or clip rings can be used as well).
With a wide variety of curtain styles, colors and patterns to choose from, No. 918 brand is the perfect place for anyone looking to update their window treatments with ease. Choose between classic designs or contemporary fashions that are sure to set your room apart from anything else in town!
- Casual textured fabric
- Gently filters light while enhancing privacy
- Grommet top design allows for easy hanging on a standard curtain rod up to 1.5″ in diameter
- Machine washable
- Perfect for the bedroom or living room
- Each panel sold separately
Room Darkening Blackout Curtains
What We Like: With these curtains, you can open up your windows and let in the light without letting out any heat. The Grommet style is perfect for smaller window openings as it includes a grommet at the top of each panel that allows them to be hung from curtain rods or hooks. If using tie-backs instead, there are two velcro ties with which to close off one side of the window completely before opening another half way – just enough so that some natural sunlight comes through while still keeping away cold temperatures!
Fabric Window Shades
Easy Lift Trim-at-Home Cordless Shades are a breeze to install and offer the look of custom pleated shades at a fraction of the cost. Simply use your kitchen knife, included trimming scale and guide for easy installation that doesn’t require drilling or screws – you can peel & place! Keep in mind these cordless shades provide partial privacy while still filtering light through soft spun lace fabric which offers UV protection too.
– Trim your shade with a straight edged kitchen knife using included patented trimming scale and guide.
– Permanent installation in seconds with Simple Stick No-Tools peel-and-stick application.
Light Control and Privacy
Soft spun lace fabric gently filters light and provides privacy.
Rounded bottom rail and finished end caps for a clean, crisp appearance.
Motorized Sheer Shade Blinds
While raising them like traditional shades, you can align the front and back segments for privacy or to allow some light to filter through. During daytime, you can close slats partially to shield your home from harmful UV rays and intense light. Cordless style safe for children and pets. RoHS Certificated, environmental friendly. High quality hardwired motor, need to be plug-in all the time. Can be wiring into household electrical circuit. One Remote can control at most 9 blinds (New Customers need to buy at least one remote). Mounting hardware & Instruction Books included, easy and quick to install.
Top Down Bottom Up Shades
Top-down cordless honeycomb cellular shades are the perfect window coverings for bedrooms, bathrooms and other rooms where privacy is a priority. These shades can be opened from the top to let in natural light while still providing coverage that ensures your personal space stays private. The soft durable pleated cells provide insulation with style!
- 100% Polyester
- No Cords to Tangle!
- Child & Pet Safe!
- 100-percent soft non-woven polyester fabric
- Shade Completely Retracts into head rail
- Total Privacy without Sacrificing Natural Light
- Light Filtering with privacy
- Easy to open and close
- Enhances the ambiance of every room
Read our buying guide below to learn about important factors, such as size and heading type, before purchasing curtains for your home.
- Heading type: There are four different types of curtain headings you can choose from. They all affect the look and function a tad differently, so it’s worth taking time to think about what your needs might be before deciding on one or the other!
- Grommet:Curtain rods slide directly through large metal rings sewn into the top of curtains with this heading. The waves created from the fabric can be used to create two different looks: a clean, classic look or a dramatic style that’s perfect for theatre productions and opera houses!
- Tab: Curtains with this type of heading have tabs or loops of fabric along the top that fit around a rod. Occasionally, they have buttons that open and close the tabs, allowing you to wrap them around the pole without taking off any parts from it.
- Pocket:An interesting way to add a scrunched look is by using long pocket sewn along the top of your curtain. Once it’s hung, slide it over the rod for an instantly twisted and wrinkled appearance that will liven up any room.
- Pencil pleat: Curtains with a pencil pleat heading have an adjustable pleated top and are mostly used for curtain tracks.
- Width/length:There is always a crucial balance between the aesthetic appeal of your curtains and the functional aspect. If you want to make sure that no light will leak in from outside, it’s important for them to cover all gaps on both sides when closed – this way there won’t be any small cracks where one end stops while another continues past it.
- Blackout properties: The dark curtains will block out all light so you can sleep or watch TV without any distractions. In the winter, these drapes are insulated to keep your house nice and warm when it gets chilly outside. And in the summertime, they’ll also shield your house from those hot rays!